Sunday 12 May 2013

'White Lies' Part 1

Hey guys, 
This bimester we're going to be looking at a few stories from 'Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul'. Here's the first part of the first story. There are four parts to each story.



As a preteen, I was hopelessly ordinary. When I had to go to different school where I didn’t know anyone, I decided I was going to make a lot of new friends quickly and be really popular. I decided the only way to become popular was to make myself interesting, intriguing...  So... I decided to tell fibs to get people to like me.

Most of the fibs I told were what my grandmother called ‘white lies’ which are lies that don’t hurt people. I made up crazy stories about my life and my family. I figured that since these lies didn’t hurt anybody, that made them only ‘white lies’.

My strategy began to work, and I suddenly became very popular. All my new friends thought I was cool. Of course, none of the stories I told them were true, and I soon began to feel guilty. My newfound popularity was also causing my grades to suffer because being social was more important.

Activities:
Look up in the dictionary www.wordreference.com the meaning of these words:

intriguing
fib
white lie
strategy
newfound

4 comments:

  1. emma what i have to do that i dont understant??
    mica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the dictation for Thursday, and these are the activities for homework:
    Look up in the dictionary www.wordreference.com the meaning of these words:
    intriguing
    fib
    white lie
    strategy
    newfound

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, the meaning has to be in nglish or in spanish?

    ReplyDelete